Friday, May 25, 2007

Thoughts on Amsterdam

It feels like the week came by and went. I can still remember stepping off the bus and coming to the church that morning ready to play worship and beginning our mission's trip. I'm left shocked how much God's love and prayers are needed for this church. The need for a role model is huge. The people there are so awesome, and open to talk. I wish I had a bit more time to chat with them.

We had a chance to do workshop/study on worship which may have been to advance for the fellowship. The feedback from the older members was that we needed to interact more with audience. A very humbling but true assessment. More than anything else, they need someone who cares for them. Something I'm not the greatest at. Even thought I felt I did everything I could, I'm left with a rather bittersweet feeling. I'll probably get over it, but for now it feels as if I have unfinished business here.

It's amazing how quickly and glaring your weaknesses and inexperience shows up when you're put on the spot. Equally amazing is how everything has changed from this experience. It's been a wild ride that I'll never forget.

1 comment:

Nelson Estrada said...

Wow! Things are realloy heating up with you guys. Just want to let you knopw that many of us here are reading your blogs. we are very blessed by your experiences. I know this is just a start. I am convinced that you will be used by God - more so here in Mississauga. Please convey my greetings and love to all of our Europe ST missionaries. God bless!
PNelson